Children are a true joy – but it’s perfectly fine if you want your Big Day to be an adults-only event. How to do it? What are the do’s and don’ts for those of you who want to invite only adults at your wedding? Read on and find out more:
- Make sure the RSVPs will clearly show that the event will be adults-only. The easiest way to do this is to print the names of the adult guests and a small box for each of them where they can “check” if they plan on attending the wedding.
- You can have a flower girl and a ring bearer if you want to. However, if you want them to be there just for the ceremony, organize a small side-party with a babysitter and fun activities for them only.
- Also, be prepared to deal with phone calls from friends and relatives who are assuming their kids are invited too. Be polite and explain to them that you want this event to be adults-only due to budget restraints.
- Don’t print “adults-only” on the invitations – most of the guests will think this is tacky and tasteless and some of them may even get offended. If you want to make it crystal clear about your intentions, do it on your wedding website where you are more than free to explain that the wedding will only have adult guests.
- Don’t back down when you are called by your friends and relatives and don’t agree to just some of your guests bringing their children. This will make everyone else feel less important for you.
Regardless of what you choose when it comes to who is invited to your wedding, Fleur de Lis Event Center will make for a wonderful choice. Come visit us, take a look around and allow yourself to be charmed by the elegance of our venue!